Old November 26th 08, 01:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
展奄rdo

Default Lancaster Bomber - AVRO Lancaster Bomber-Hamilton 04-11-08.jpg

arjay wrote:
"展奄rdo" wrote in message
Clayton Langstaff wrote:
It's possible. I have to admit, I never even saw that. There is just
so much to see in that museum. Gives me an excuse to go back,
though.On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:42:51 -0000, "Mike the Brewer"
wrote:

"Clayton Langstaff" wrote in message
AVRO Lancaster Bomber, at the Canadian Warplane Heritage museum, in
Hamilton Ontario. Only two of these aircraft are still operational.

Is that one of the famous Dambuster bouncing bombs in the left
background ?
News==----
http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

More likely the 4,000lb "cookie" bomb as shown he

With respect, sir, I think not.
The device sitting patiently on the ordinance dolley directly under the
Lanc's bay is undoubtedly a cookie.
But look to the left of the photo frame and examine the object a few feet
beyond the Lanc's starboard wingtip.
It's height (on its side, forsooth!) equals that of the nearby lad wearing
the #10 sporting jersey.
What cookie ever had a diameter of five feet or so?

http://www.wwiiequipment.com/4000lbHC.aspx

...or, better still, this one with a Canadian theme:

http://www.lancastermuseum.ca/noseartferguson.html

...see the last picture.

It was also carried by the Mosquito.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Thanks arjay and Paul for putting me right on that.

--
Moving things in still pictures!