Old May 31st 05, 10:33 PM
Tim Mara

use "either colored wire" as Mic INPUT, use the shield and theOTHER colored
wire and use both as MIC GROUND
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

"ken ward" wrote in message
I see that for my Peiker dynamic mic, the red wire typically connects to
the MIC pin of the radio, and the yellow wire (with or without the
braided shield) typically connects to the MIC GND of the radio.

In a typical installation, do people actually run a coax type wire with
a shielded braid (or maybe a foil shield) from the radio connector out
to the mic (where the center conductor would be MIC and the braided
shield MIC GND), or do people just run two insulated wires side-by-side?

Although there's quite a bit of mic/radio info available in the
searchable Google archive of r.a.s, I didn't see anything on this topic.

Ken