Old December 20th 05, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design,alt.solar.photovoltaic

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

In alt.solar.photovoltaic Steve Spence wrote:
I believe "stepped sine wave" to be an oxymoron.

I (obviously) don't agree with that. Gotta call it something. It's not a
sine wave, but if you squint at the oscilloscope a little, it looks more
like a sine wave than a square wave.

UPS (uninterruptable power supply) isn't so wrong, as from the computer's
POV, the power never was interrupted.

Ah, from a particular Point of View... if that's the criterion, then the
square/modified/lumpy/sine wave is a sine wave for most applications.

--
---