Old December 20th 05, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:29:12 -0800, RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

My best guess after doing a little educated digging is that I can come
up with a system I can live with for a little over 1 AMU.

(For those of you not on the aviation newsgroups, an AMU is a measure of
money used to disguise the true cost of airplane ownership from other
... ummm ... family members who might think that clothes, food, and
other nonessentials take priority over flying. 1 AMU = $1000US.)

"Aircraft Monetary Unit?"

I've heard that a boat is a hole in the water lined with wood, into
which one pours money. ;-)

Do airplane people have a similar saying? I have only a little bit of
experience with airplanes - I logged 4 hours in a Cessna 150 before the
local flight school got shut down because of fuel considerations, and
I've sat in a DC-9 simulator, and had a simulated airplane ride where
I drove, but I've never gotten into any of the cameraderie, like one
would do as a skydiver.

Yeah, that's it - the best experiences I've ever had with airplanes
has been either abusing them or jumping out of them. ;-P

But, do airplane guys use the term "money hole" like boat and house
owners?

You can't "pour" anything _up_, you know, albeit I have heard that
humans were created by water to transport itself uphill. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich