Old May 1st 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fuel Prices and their Effect on Your Flying

I have a 180hp (C/S prop) C-172F with the lyc O-360 and I burn and plan
on 9 gph. Why are you at 11? I run 2300 rpm and 22". I believe that give
me 9 gph.

Ross

Doug Vetter wrote:

Newps wrote:

Or just buy a more efficient plane. I sold my 182 and got a Bonanza.
I'm burning a lot less gas, approx 40%, than when I had my 182.

Amen.

Would you mind talking some sense into my partner? We have a perfect
opportunity to buy a F33 from a friend in the next hangar over. Pristine
aircraft, casual sale (so no tax liability here in NJ), just needs some
avionics work. It does 178KTAS on ~15GPH, while we burn 11GPH in the
172/180HP doing 115KTAS on a good day. Ugh. My kingdom for a little
common sense.

-Doug

Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI

http://www.dvatp.com