Old August 29th 18, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Perlan Climbing

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 10:26:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just can’t get excited about this. Until a guy climbs into his sailplane without big money sponsorship or pressure suits “on loan” from NASA and surpasses 49,009 feet, Bob Harris is still the King in my book.

I understand where you are coming from, I love it when people go big with no money. Perlan is also awesome. Sponsorship is just the lever adventurers use to fund the fun. Behind the 'serious scientific research funded by Airbus' cover story is a bunch of soaring junkies doing cool flights.