Old December 7th 03, 05:12 PM
stephen.mudgett

Pechs1 wrote:
Wait a minute, we were in VF-33 at the same time, Allen was CO when I was
there, followed by Steve Phimister. John Voght took over as XO from Rabbit
Campbell in VF-151(?)..

I wish my cruise book had not been stolen, I'd look you up. Frog Allen
was followed by Fred Bear Voght,
then John Burner Best. This is from 5/79 to 12/83.

My big chance to blow off the centerline and all the missiles (2Aim-7/2
Aim-9,
centerline)...but didn't..that came later in VF-151, with F-4S....

One of the many thrills one could derive from working the roof was watching
the Ordnance and centerline jettison after a bridle slap perf'd the centerline
on the F-4. It got everyone's attention, from the spectator's point of view.
No doubt a similar attitude was taken by the Aircrew (albeit a bit more intense).

Stephen