Old August 20th 09, 01:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default yenc

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:24:26 -0400, Mike the Brewer wrote
(in article ):

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:42:27 -0400, D Wright wrote
(in article ):

Here we go ....... getting flooded with that "yenc" crap again. Why
can't people who play with that stuff just submit a few good examples,
instead of dumping their entire portfolio? Not surprising the offender
doesn't have the stones to sign his/her name.

Well, some of us might be able to repost 'em without using yENC... if we
gave
a damn. Ain't gonna happen given the behaviour of certain anti-yENC clowns
around here. You don't see the pics. Pity.

I can post perfectly good images which everyone can see without having to
decode, good quality can be posted these days in .jpg files without
resorting to some kind of encoding.........so why do
it?.......................................As my wise teacher said many years
ago "The bog mindles"

Every single binary posted to USENET is encoded in some way. All of them.
It's just that MSOE knows about some encoding methods but not others, while
real NNTP clients know about the others.

If you don't wish to use yENC, that is of course your choice. I prefer to use
it. That is _my_ choice. You no like? Me no care.