Old August 24th 09, 11:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Raven[_2_]

Default yenc

"G Paleologopoulos" wrote in message
"hielan' laddie" wrote
One more time:

Every single binary posted on USENET is encoded using some method or
another.

May humbly suggest to a.b.p.a readers to check out "yEnc" @ Wikipedia and
also to check out the references contained in the article.
Opinions and conclusions will be per individual.
I offer none to the group.
My ***own*** is that yEnc is much-ado-about-nothing today, and
non-standard to boot.

Agreed. It's just another pseudo standard that few use. I hate it primarily
because it offers NOTHING any of the current encoding methods provide AND
that it has a tendency to be used for multi-part messages that invariably
are incomplete. In essence, it does nothing.

Remember (for those of you old enough) the wars over ARC, LZH, ZIP, RAR etc?
What a waste that was and we still came back to ZIP, one of the very first
standards. All the rest tried to be better but generally failed.