Old August 25th 09, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gary R. Schmidt

Default yenc

hielan' laddie wrote:
[SNIP]
The two most prominent NNTP clients which do not decode yENC are MSOE and
Thunderbird.

T'bird will handle *single* yEnc posts, but as multi-part yEnc posts
*are not formatted according the Usenet RFCs in regard to posting
format* it cannot handle them.

If the bloke who came up with yEnc had *not* been raised in the mould of
Microsoft and the "I'll do it *my* way, stuff any existing standards"
attitude they engage in, _none of these discussions would occur_.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

P.S. I am all in favour of reducing bandwidth requirements, but anyone
who can count beyond ten without taking their shoes off should realise
that a single post with 50Kb of encoded data uses less bandwidth than
five posts each with 10Kb of encoded data and associated glue.