Old September 9th 04, 11:18 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ian maclure" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:17:33 +0000, ArtKramr wrote:

[snip]

Never knew you were in a war that lasted that long.

Hey you can't have a war unless someone wants to fight.
I suppose I could have made a solo bayonet charge into
East Germany hoping to provoke WWIII but quite frankly
that wasn't part of the mission as I understood it.

LOL! That puts things into perspective. Art apparently greatly regrets that
the "old men" (as Kipling put it) in charge during most of the Cold War did
not make the same mistakes that the "old men" of the late thirties made.

"Tell me, do our masters know,
Loosing blindly as they fly,
Old men love while young men die?"

Brooks