Old September 21st 09, 01:49 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
vaughn[_2_]

Default Sub-Launched SAMs

"BlackBeard" wrote in message

Can't quite put it away with the same enthusiasm/volume as I did in
the old days though.

I live in South Florida and would love to share a beer with any of the gang.
That said, I never was never one of the Navy's great drinkers. Back then I
suppose I was more of a chow hound than a drinker. While on the 599 boat I
made it all the way to 260 pounds! I weigh 100 # less than that today.

At midrats (when they put the fresh-baked bread out to cool) I remember my
favorite snack was a whole loaf of fresh, hot, bread with an entire stick of
butter stuffed inside. Today I shiver at the thought.

Vaughn