Old April 20th 17, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Cobra trailer brake heating up

John Carlyle wrote on 4/16/2017 5:24 AM:
Eric,

what did you find that caused your brake problem? I'm going to be adjusting my 2000 Cobra trailer brakes soon, and would appreciate any hints you could give.

-John, Q3

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 11:36:15 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:

The overrun mechanism is working properly. I'll check the cable actuators when I
take the drum off tomorrow. The shoes are original, and appear to have plenty of
lining when I look through the little hole in the backing plate, but I'll know for
sure with the drum off.

I decided I'd rather to other things than work on a trailer, so today I took it to
the mechanic that does my motorhome repairs. Didn't find anything external, so
tomorrow they'll pull the hubs. I'll let you know.