Old February 7th 04, 11:23 PM
Brett I. Holcomb

If you're using XP the default search screen is a useless piece of junk.
Bill and his boys have attempted to make it simple and they succeded
- it's so simple it's useless. I was working with an XP home system
today and tried to find something with the default search - couldn't do
it. I run my XP box in classic mode.

Things to watch out for:

1. Make sure you have view hidden files checked if you are looking for
a file that might be hidden.

2. Somehow with the default search you have to get where you can
specify the drive such as C, then tell it what filename (fs9* will do).
You can get the default search to do all this but you have to clear
the junk out of the way.

Blue wrote:
The puzzle is this: When I click the START button in the lower left corner
of the Windows screen, and then select SEARCH and FILES&FOLDERS and put in
fs9.cfg nothing is found. I can find it using Windows Explorer and
searching for it with the knowledge of what folder it is in as pointed out
here.

This is a real puzzle for me in the use of the "search" function, probabl;y
sime simple thing I am doing wrong but what?

"Don Parker" wrote in message

Blue wrote:

MSFS2K4
I want to modify fs9.cfg to eliminate the opening screen but am not
able to find it. As directec by someone I went to Windows
Explorer/tools/folder options/view/advanced settings/checked "swow
hidden files&folders"/apply/OK

Still unable to find fs9.cfg with start/find.
Can anyone help me with this?
Blue

Do the search showing all hidden files.. 'Application Data' in Doc's &

Apps

is hidden............