Old January 20th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default New Identifier For Pierce County Airport (Thun Field)

("Bob Fry" wrote)
You can request the ICAO identifier change if you own the airport. The FAA
will send you a long list of IDs given your region, and you can select one
from the list. Thus University Airport at Davis, California (home of a
University of California campus) changed from the confusing 0O5 (zero
oscar five) to the much more useful KEDU.

Followups redirected from the inappropriate r.a.piloting to r.a.misc.

Hey! How'd you do that?

All I saw was R.A.P in the header. Yet, when I clicked 'Reply to Group' it
took me to r.a.misc. (I manually deleted r.a.misc and added back R.A.P)

Very cool trick Bob. I was impressed.

Montblack