Old May 12th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default prepreg fiberglass question

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
I've heard of prepregs which have the resin and hardener separated
within the fabric, which can be activated by applying pressure with a
squeegee or similar tool. I searched the internet but I can only find
the standard premixed prepregs which need to be kept in a refrigerator
and cured at elevated temperatures. Anyone know what I am talking
about or where I can buy this thing?

I am basically looking for a way to avoid having to hand make long
lengths of fiberglass tapes for noncritical applications. But it has
to cure fast at room temperature like any standard epoxy so the
premixed ones won't work.

Thanks!

Prepregs are literally pre-impregnated with catalyzed resin.
They are kept from hardening by being kept at low temperature.

It has nothing to do with pressure - certainty not from
something as flimsy as a squeegee.

Sounds like you need to hit the books.
There are LOTS of tehm.
Try Amazon?