Old July 24th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Accident commentary

On Jul 23, 5:51*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Jim wrote:

The point I get from such incidents as this is that there are pilots
who cannot safely fly s-turns in such conditions. *Whether it's an
acceptable circumstance or not is not cogent.

I always wonder if these same folks are the ones who would crash on hot
days, because they are taught to fly totally by PICTURE vs. instrument
scan, and don't understand accelerated stalls.

I lost an instrument rated friend who departure stalled with 5 family
members on a H&H day, based on "picture flying" vs. airspeed. *It was a
Cherokee 6 in Pullayup, WA in 2002. *His co-owner watched the crash.

Personally, I was taught bank angle vs. stall speed, Vx & Vy vs. sight
picture on varying condition days, etc... *Before I soloed...

Ya know..... Maybe it's just me but.. If your airsped is too low, or
the DA is high or any conbination of things add up to poor aircraft
performance you would think a competent pilot would sense the controls
being lazy,, read ; alot of input and little response ,the first thing
that comes to my mind is those pesky air molacules are not dense
enought and therefore the plane will fly poorly. It appears too many
pilots graduate with a ticket long before they actually understand
what keeps a plane in the air... Ps.. Airspeed is your
friend...because without it you ain't got s_it....

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com