Old July 30th 15, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Super simple portable flight recorder for beginning lessons?

Someone on this forum about a year back suggested this data logger...

http://wingsandwheels.com/avionics-i...der-fr300.html

I bought it and have really enjoyed using it. It's the size of an oversized USB stick but fits nicely in a polo shirt pocket. Sometimes, I tape it on top of the instrument panel.

All you do is turn it on, there is a slider switch on the side. Once it locates enough satellites, it will automatically start recording when you begin your tow. Very hands off unless you want to press the round button to mark events. As a student pilot myself, I don't mess with that and focus on my flying.