Old July 26th 18, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Best software for evaluating FAI Speed Tasks (Triangle)

Not in front of my PC with SeeYou right now, but I used it for 15 years or more as a State Record Keeper as well as on the SSA's national badge/record committee to evaluate hundreds of flights. Once you figure out how to create a task (including setting the waypoint and start/finish configurations), you can easily assign that task to a flight and step through fix-by-fix. You don't necessarily have to use the stats from SeeYou; in many cases things like release fix/height were critical, and you needed to be able to point to a specific dot.

If you are in 2d mode and you have the IGC file loaded and the task assigned, you should be able to step through any part of the flight with both zoom (i.e. zoomed in) and individual fixes with the arrow key.

PM me if you are still struggling; I might be able to video an analysis tongight.