Old July 3rd 03, 11:20 PM
Giz

"vzlion" wrote in message
On 2 Jul 2003 18:12:34 -0700, (John Larson)
wrote:

It will be a sad day when the all these squadrons are gone. It was fun
while it lasted. John Larson LCDR(Ret) VP-90 1984-1994, NAS Glenview
IL.

Big surprise. I thought Clinton was bad, Bush is even worse. He
already cut Veterans Benefits by millions of dollars while telling our
troops what a good job they are doing. Talk about 2-faced. At ther
rate he's going I won't be surprised
I've been a republican all my life, but I have to look at this
adminustration and ask "What has he done for the country?"

Walt
CPO, UNS, Ret.

He can't fix 8 years of abuse overnight. The biggest reason for these
decoms
is to distribute their aircraft to the active duty squadrons. We are barely
holding
our own on the attrition/procurement battle. Getting these assets from the
reserves
will help keep the VP community alive until MMA is online (crossed fingers).
I'm
sure the other communities are in pretty dire straits as well. I hope that
many
of these squadrons will return when their active duty brethren have the
airframes
they need. What this should really drive home to all is the danger of using
the Pentagon to balance the Nation's budget. You may save in the near term,
but at what cost later?

Giz