Old July 4th 03, 02:31 AM
Giz

"Michael Wise" wrote in message
In article ,
"Giz" wrote:

"vzlion" wrote in message
On 2 Jul 2003 18:12:34 -0700, (John Larson)
wrote:

It will be a sad day when the all these squadrons are gone. It was

fun
while it lasted. John Larson LCDR(Ret) VP-90 1984-1994, NAS Glenview
IL.

Big surprise. I thought Clinton was bad, Bush is even worse. He
already cut Veterans Benefits by millions of dollars while telling our
troops what a good job they are doing. Talk about 2-faced. At ther
rate he's going I won't be surprised
I've been a republican all my life, but I have to look at this
adminustration and ask "What has he done for the country?"

Walt
CPO, UNS, Ret.

He can't fix 8 years of abuse overnight.

How does slashing veterans benefits come anything close to approaching a
fix for what you call "8 years of abuse"? Face it, Bush Jr., like his
pappy, doesn't give two ****s about vets. He talks the armchair "Rah rah
military" talk from the safety and comfort of somebody from a family
wealthy and connected enough to ensure never being sent in harms
way...but at the end of the day, he's like the rest of those do-nothing
privileged stooges at the top and given the choice of protecting his the
already obscene profits of his lackey friends and contributors or
funding programs to benefit those who served their country and even shed
blood for it...will always side with his cronies.

Republican or Democrat, it makes no difference...servicemen are just
their pawns....although Republicans are pretty good about lying to deny
that.

--Mike

Whatever, believe it or not there are issues that we are more interested in
than
on base housing, larger pay raises, ect. I'd like parts to keep my bird in
the air
and FMC. The issues you speak of don't mean **** if we don't come back.
I'm
certainly not overpaid, but at the same time I'm not on foodstamps or know
any
who are. I know that they are out there, but they would be on foodstamps in
the civilian world as well. I hope better things for their future, but
first I want
the best equipment in the world to do my job. Would you want to show up
with the second best system? The Dems never talk about these issues, since
ultimately it means that some defense contractor (not my favorite people
either)
is going to make a profit. We should streamline our procurement system
some,
but what we shouldn't do is stop buying. Just the thoughts of a Naval
Aircrewman
in a platform facing some Clinton era budget issues.

Giz