Old July 4th 13, 09:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default DeLorme InReach Satellite Tracker FOR SALE

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:41:00 AM UTC+2, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Delorme InReach For sale!

Exceptional units, exceptional service with 1 minute tracking, altitude, heading and speed vs. SPOT's horrible 10 minute tracking with no telemetry at all!!!!!!

Asking $200. New units are $300. this unit does everything the new unit does better via Bluetooth linkage to your smart phone!

Excellent condition. New this spring. 3.5 months old.

To buy or ask a question, email me at smfidlerATGmailDOTcom.

Thanks,

Sean
?$150
F2

And what is the monthly cost to have this wonderful service? Sure, the "horrible" Spot is pretty basic - but it's also pretty cheap at $150/year. As far as I can tell, the least expensive DeLorme service runs about $250/year - also for 10 minute tracking!

So, beware the hidden costs and be sure to check out Paul Remde's excellent breakdown of the (complicated!) DeLorme fee structure - and if it fits your needs and budget, go for it!

Me, I'm quite happy with my "horrible" Spot 1. But then, I'm a dinosaur who thinks anyone who spends any time on Facebook or Twitter needs to grow up and get a job... :^)

Seriously - both are great safety systems that are absolutely essential for any XC pilot - get one!

Kirk
66