Old February 24th 05, 07:42 PM
Not-My-Real-Name

"Flight Sim newbie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not-My-Real-Name wrote:
Yes, you can use your wheel's brake & throttle pedals as rudders.

Thank you for your advice to help me simulate a Citabria 7ECA in MSFS.

The only problem with your suggested approach (it seems to me anyway)
is I don't see any way to attach the "Logitech Formula GP Racing Wheel"
separate gas-and-brake pedals to either the "Logitech Wingman Attack 2"
joystick or to the computer because the GP gas-and-brake pedals have
only a telephone connector (the USB part is in the steering wheel). The
steering wheel doesn't seem like a good substitute for a yolk or
joystick either, as it doesn't go up & down the steering column.

LOL!
You attach the steering wheel and the joystick to the PC AT THE SAME TIME
(ala the USB ports).
However, you put the wheel on the floor or to the side (it's not used), but
continue to use the pedals.

Make sure your joystick is the primary controller in Windows. For the
wheel/pedals, make sure your pedals are reported as two axis, not one (this
is a setting you adjust in the Logitech Wingman software).

Then when you're in the game, assign your axis to the joystick as needed,
but for rudder "press the pedals" to assign them.
The assignment will vary by game.