Old May 19th 05, 04:58 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Eric Bartsch wrote:
Thanks to everyone who posted C-210 information. I'm looking forward to
flying the plane on Sunday and eventually getting checked out in it to
do some long XC flights this summer (should be a bit faster than the
206 I used last summer). Sounds like it drops like a rock without
power, but that should be familiar after flying a Cherokee Six-300.

Au contraire. The Centurion sinks at roughly 700 fpm clean; the Cherokee Six
300 sinks at somewhat over 1100 fpm under the same conditions. Believe me, the
Cherokee is the lead sled of the two.

I speak from personal experience. I've had engine failures in both. I totaled
the Cherokee Six; the C-210 lived to fly another day.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE