Old January 26th 13, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default SeeYouMobile SN-10 Wind Value?

Hi,

I think the reply posted below from Andrej was from before they implemented
full support for SN10 winds in SeeYou Mobile. SeeYou Mobile does now use
the SN10 wind data.

Paul Remde

"John C" wrote in message

On Friday, January 25, 2013 6:56:33 AM UTC-5, John C wrote:
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:45:29 PM UTC-5, waremark wrote:

Incidentally which wind algorithm would you trust more, that from SYM or
that from SN10?

I would expect SYM to make its own wind calculation but that is only a
guess.

It's my understanding that SN-10 NMEA data doesn't provide airspeed. So I
would prefer SYM to use the SN-10 wind value for its final glide calcs.
I've been unable to find any SYM documentation, posts, etc. indicating
this is the case. Hoping someone visiting this forum may have that
answer...sent similar question to Naviter support, but haven't heard back.

John

Andrej responded from Naviter support. Thanks Andrej!

"Yes and no. We do not use the wind as calculated in the SN10. Instead we
read Indicated Airspeed and calculate our own wind.

Any other vario which sends IAS/TAS information will give the same winds in
SeeYou Mobile."