Old January 20th 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default PLASTIC FAA AIRMANS CERTIFICATE

On Jan 20, 10:10*am, Paul wrote:

Would that it were so. I just tried and it told me that my certificate
isn't eligible for online update....

Call the number listed in this earlier thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...be9f6ea?hl=en#

Once you reach a human, they'll most likely know exactly what to do.
They've been getting lots and lots of calls on this, and it's usually
no problem to remove the ATO restriction. It takes just a couple of
minutes, then you can go back to the Web site and it goes right
through.

After that was fixed, the only problem I had with the system was
entering a physical address that their system would take. Thanks to
the Google, I learned that the USPS considers my neighborhood to
actually be part of the zip code for the next town over.

Thanks, Bob K.