Old May 23rd 18, 08:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default Soaring Spot

At 22:13 22 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 15:22:30 UTC-6, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Just curious why US contests don't use Soaring Spot?

SSA competitions are scored with WINSCORE and publishes results to the

SSA
=
website. Furthermore, the SSA website is used for contest registration
and=
allows WINSCORE to easily download information that greatly reduces
admini=
stration tasks.

Soaring Spot website was established and is maintained by Naviter, the
deve=
lopers of the SeeYou family of products. To utilize Soaring Spot the
conte=
st must be scored with SeeYou competition. Currently SeeYou competition
su=
pports FAI scoring and rules *not* SSA scoring and rules. Yes SeeYou
compe=
tition allows customization via scripts but not all SSA scoring and rules
n=
uances can be handled.

IMO at some point the SSA needs to align with the rest of world by
adopting=
the FAI scoring and rules. Yes I have used both to score contests.

Ron GLeason

I think you may be mistaken. See You scores using a user defined script.
Jim