Old October 29th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

Default My first flight in a glider... finally!

Congratulations Tom, it is easy to get hooked and after your lessons
are done you will want your own glider after you have transitioned
through the fleet so start a fund for that as well.

My story is like many others.

Got hooked when I was 7.

I still have an affection for the Diamant even though I never flew
one, but it was the first one I ever saw up close and the owner was
very kind and showed me all the controls.

Dad sent me up on a ride way back then in a 2-33 and it made me a bit
sick with all the circling but I was hooked non the less.

I got dad to buy me a few more rides over the years, then life got
busy, school, work, family etc.

When I hit 35 I decided to budget for it and did it.

Once I got divorced(Not flying related) things really took off since I
had my time and money available again.

Now at 48 I own 2 motor gliders, a regular glider, a paraglider and an
Ultralight.

When it moves from hobby to compulsion I suppose that is what
happens. ;-)

Ray