Old April 27th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

On Apr 18, 12:21 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:
That video has nothing to do with the OP's question. Clearly you are
just trolling.

The aircraft was overweight, and everyone on board died in the crash that
resulted from that.

I knew that people would argue with me just because I'm the one who made the
point. Thank goodness I don't have to fly with people like that in the
pilot's seat. That kind of "rules don't count" attitude is one of the danger
signs for pilot safety.

Well well.
The header is for and we've been discussing -Cessna 172's-
Lo and behold your claim for an overloaded aircraft is wrong.
The aircraft is a C182 on a medical evacuation
For your information Anthony a C182 is also a 4 seater but with a
useful load of over 1000lbs
And there is no way from that video that the aircraft is anywhere near
overloaded.
The pilot got onto the backside of the power curve and couldn't
recover...
Next time check your claim for factual content before posting eh