Old August 3rd 15, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Who is responsible?

Well said, Bob.
What a frustration and all regarding "standardized" procedures.
This is why flight reviews have been a high stress event for me over all of my flying life. Doesn't matter how I fly it will be incorrect. Such comments as "who taught you THAT!" and "I have NEVER heard/seen/taught/read that" are pretty standard.

Even boxing the wake. Everything Bob said I have experienced PLUS two places where I have been told that "we never do that" because it overstresses the towplane or has no value in demonstrating flying skills.

In the end...I have always successfully completed flight reviews and field check-outs.