Old April 27th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.army
Dave[_20_]

Default "Analyst: Obama Would Be A Nightmare For Defense Programs, Firms"

"Andrew Venor" wrote in message
. ..
"Dave" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message
On Apr 22, 10:28 am, "La N" wrote:
"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message

SNIP

SNIP
Carter, the closest thing we have ever had to a real active duty
officer, not staff or command, wanted everything justified and cut if
unjustified.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'real active duty officer'.

Carter never came under fire. G.H.W. Bush, JFK, Truman, Theodore
Roosevelt, Garfield, Hayes, Grant, Lincoln, Harrison, Jackson and
Washington all did.

And I would suggest that since Eisenhower was able to survive in the US
Army through the 1920's and 30's, then he must have been pretty
familiar with how to justify what was necessary and what was not.

Sorry, I forgot out Gerald Ford and the rest of the crew of the USS
Monterey.

I see that William McKinley was left off the list. He served in the Civil
War enlisting as a private, but by the end of the war he mustered out as a
captain. It should be noted that his regiment of volunteer infantry from
Ohio was commanded by Colonel Rutherford B. Hayes, who has been listed
above.

ALV

Thanks. I didn't know about McKinely's service.