Old August 30th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Troubles with Compaq 1550

On Aug 29, 4:50 pm, Dick wrote:
I switched back up batteries and switched cradles. Since I cant get a
flicker out of it I don't know how to try a "hard restart. Dick

Do you see the charge light when connected to external power. If so,
is it flashing or steady.

Removing main and backup batteries restores it to the cold , as
shipped, state. Replacing them should fire it up. Can't get a harder
restart than that as far as I know. Be careful with the battery doors,
the retaining clips are fragile.

If all fails I'd like it for spare parts!

Andy