Old January 22nd 04, 08:50 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Frode Berg" said:
Just spoke to my mechanic, and he told me that there will be a new
regulation here in Norway for private aircraft that takes away the mandatory
engine replacement after approx 2000 hours.

Our club aircraft have the idea life for an engine - they get flown
frequently, and mostly for travel instead of training. That means they
don't build up rust from sitting around, and they don't get horsed up to
full throttle and down to idle all the time. And because of that, we
almost always get way over TBO. Between borescoping at annual and doing a
oil analysis at every oil change, we're pretty good at spotting an engine
that is due to go, and we've gotten over 3,000 hours on a few engines.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.