Old November 21st 03, 07:57 AM
Brian Burger

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Ian wrote:

Anyone ever run into this before? What did you do?

All you had to do was get up and leave instead of agonizing over the
politeness of how to exit. Nobody forced you to sit there and listen to it.

It's clear you and your family have no moral guidance.

snip a whole lot more religious drivel

Lack of religious conviction != lack of morals.

The arrogant assuption that having religion equals having morals can be
refuted just by accessing any news source or history book. For example,
it's likely that whoever just carbombed Istanbul had plenty of religion -
but they didn't have an iota of morals.

Likewise those good "Christian" knights in the First Crusade who
slaughtered most of the inhabitants of Jerusalem. Lots of religion, no
morals.

Some of us use adult, rational thought to arrive at a moral framework,
instead of selected mistranslated passages from a book of tribal
mythology.

Feel free to continue denying God,

Thank you, I shall. I stopped really believing in fairy tales when I was
eight or so, after all. None of you folks have any proof for your claims,
that I've seen.

It's especially hard for smart, successful people like yourself to believe
that they need Jesus because it makes them accept the fact that they are
inadequate and incomplete without Him. Well get used to that concept.

Some of us do quite nicely without Jesus, or any other invisible friend.
There is no "concept" that I or anyone else needs to "get used to", sir.

Right... I was going to post something mildly amusing about Jay's
unfortunate encounter, but this twit pushed several of my buttons at
once...

An athiest has no invisible means of support. (Actually, I consider myself
an agnostic. Religion might be correct, but some actual proof would be
nice to see...)

Irritated,

Brian.