Old July 18th 04, 04:47 PM
Thomas Borchert

Dan,

In Europe, the Diesel is a total winner.

As for the other things, IMHO it really depends on the mission. I see
the DA40 showing up at more and more FBOs in the US. I can't see any
negatives comparing them to a new 172 - and a lot of positives. IMHO, a
creating a new 172/Archer makes a lot of sense, since both leave a lot
to be desired - speed among them. Even if you only think of the Star as
a 172 that's 20 knots faster, you stilll have a winner. And that
doesn't take into account how well it flies and the great visibility.

The amazing thing to me is that the SR20, similarly equipped, is just
10 or 15k more expensive. IMHO, you get a whole lot more airplane for
that money. But then, for Europe, they don't have the right engine for
the SR20 - and according to Cirrus, none is in sight, either.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)