Old October 1st 03, 12:22 AM
Vaughn

"Mike Dennis" wrote in message
.. .
I don't think the image shows any aspect of "area rule". It looks more

like
relatively thick wings with a serious anhedral. This still doesn't lend

any
credence to the drawing's authenticity--I don't know either.

Yep, I believe you are right, I fell for an optical illusion and I
should have known better. If you look at the side view, it is obvious that
the fuze is straight. The next, obvious question is "why is the wing so
thick if this is really to be a hypersonic plane"? One possible answer is
materials, the wing simply needed to be that thick to house the smallest
spar needed to handle the weight of the airframe. There are additional
possible answers, but I am getting into unfamiliar ground and it is time to
shut up.

Vaughn