Old March 12th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rmhou at yahoo.com

Default Conical bushings on dynafocal mount

We are replacing sagging bushings in my friend's Pazmany PL-1B. The
engine is a 150hp O-320 with Dynafocal mount, but we are not sure what
type (I or II). However, the airframe engine mount has cups looking
like engine block conical mount using bushings looking like Lycoming
71032.

71032 bushings have .5" hole but the mounting bolts are .402" like the
ones used with Dynafocal engine mount with large cups. We are thinking
using some type of metal sleeves over the bolts so the bushings do not
deform too much under compression. I fount the following online from
Great Plains website:

http://www.greatplainsas.com/i71032.html

However, Great Plains uses .5" OD with 3/8" ID metal tube as sleeves
since it uses AN6 bolts (.371-.374"). Our bolts at .402" are not going
to fit.

Is this a standard Lycoming installation? If so, is there a Lycoming
kit (bushings, bolts, washers, sleeves, ...) to correctly mount this
Dynafocal engine to its engine mount with conical cups? Part no. for
the kit?

If not, any suggestion on how to correctly install these bushings is
welcome.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1121043...68234383154386

https://picasaweb.google.com/1121043...68658826101362

https://picasaweb.google.com/1121043...68869924640962