Old December 7th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra Trailer

On Dec 5, 10:54 pm, Guy Acheson
wrote:
You seem to have much better luck with gas struts than
I do.
The two struts that hold open the rear hatch on my
Mercedes ML lost all their power at the first cold
snap after 3 years. The replacements failed after
two years. The two struts on my Mercedes SLK had to
be replaced after 4 years because they would no long
hold the trunk lid up. The two big struts on my Avionics
trailer fail to hold up the lid starting this fall
after 6 years. The gas strut holding the canopy open
on my SZD-59 failed to hold the canopy open this fall
after 5 years. Every one of these struts is mounted
with the rod end down.
Guy

Hey ! If you're driving multiple Mercedes,
how come you haven't upgraded from the
SZD ?

See ya, Dave
http://www.nadler.com