Old January 16th 04, 06:35 PM
Steve Robertson

Harry Gordon wrote:

snip

I began thinking that the reason this "grab your socks, the world's coming
to an end" news item on GA may not be because of the threat GA poses, but
rather because GA is not a sponsor of CBS News. Truck rental companies are
or certainly have the potential of becoming a sponsor and surely, a network
news team wouldn't "blast" their sponsor, would they?

So, how about AOPA and the Be A Pilot organization buy some advertising time
during the CBS News show and talk/show how great GA really is?

If you pay attention to whom is sponsoring the 3 major news shows, including
CBS, you will notice that virtually all of the commercials are for medicine. And
far and away the most number of commercials are for laxatives. I'm not kidding.
Watch and see for yourself. GA would be wasting it's money advertising to the
sick and constipated.

While I don't condone CBS's actions, keep in mind that YOU don't believe
everything you see on the news. Why assume that everybody but you believes it?

Best regards,

Steve Robertson
N4732J 1967 Beechcraft A23-24 Musketeer