Old July 28th 03, 01:15 AM
JDupre5762

So..... anyone out there know the real beef on what went on? Anyone
out there heard similar stories in their local?

There was quite a lot of activity in Great Britain in the last few years over a
report of buried Lancasters complete with eyewitness reports and some type of
ground survey. When the site was dug up nothing was found. I remember reading
a decade or so ago that someone in the US bought a lot of warehouse stored WW2
era aircraft parts and discovered to his astonishment dozens of Spitfire parts
in amongst T-6 Texan parts and others. I recall that they were mostly one type
of part like left hand ailerons.

John Dupre'