Old September 18th 19, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Ventus C vs LS6

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 4:27:28 PM UTC-7, s6 wrote:
Le mardi 28 août 2018 14:35:38 UTC-4, Marshall Woodford a écritÂ*:
I’m looking for a cross county glider. The Ventus C comes with 17.5 and 15 winglets. It also has factory tips. The LS6 has low hours and the wings and horizontal stab was refinished and painted. The fuselage is in good condition and original. Both have Cobra trailers and the Ventus’s trailer is in better condition. The other is road worthy. Which one?

15 Seasons in a LS6b in eastern Canada. In weak broken thermal if you work hard
the LS6 will do better than a Ventus C in 15m and sometime in 17.5m configuration.
In strong weather the Ventus full of water will win.
S6

One day at Ely Tom Kreyche and I flew together all day. At the time he had Ventus 2 and I LS6a.
Equal performance...
But Tom told me afterwards he intentionally ballasted only to the same wing loading I had (bags full).
Jim