Old August 17th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Would you install lights?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 04:56:57 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Uli" wrote

i'd also keep my options.

if you dont know yet what you might install a couple years later, you
might
consider using some sort of cable duct instead. so you can easily install
or change any wiring (just for lights, or lights and strobes...) later.

Good choice, but if there will be wiring at a later point anyway, one that
would end up with a bit of extra weight..

Probably not enough to count for much, and it does make future changes much
easier. Very possibly the best way to go.

I'm with Uli.
my 25 year old aircraft has 25 year old wiring in the wings "just in
case"
If I ever wanted to use it it would need replacing.
a light weight straight run cable duct with a loop of light builders
twine from end to end would have been a better option.

lacing the wiring and the pitot tubing to every rib just hasnt proven
to be the best option.(it took 2 months to replace the pitot tubing)

Stealth Pilot