Old April 8th 05, 04:04 PM
bumper

I have two aircraft (ASH26E and Aeronca Champ) suspended using Harbor
Freight 1300 lb electric wenches and 12" wide nylon slings from
McMaster-Carr. The wenches are "dirt cheap" at about $159 USD (110 VAC).
They do have to be modified for this use, as the control cable is only 5.5'
long. I replaced the wench control cable with 12 ga wire of the necessary
length (an option would be to use smaller wire and install relays at the
wench end). Two wenches are employed for each aircraft, so the wenches are
running at well under their design load.

There are a couple of pictures posted in the album section (look for the
stuff posted by "Bumper") at:

http://www.gliderforum.com

all the best,

bumper

"Karl" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

I am looking for an electric winch for hanging a standard class glider
underneath a hangar roof. Does anybody know of such a product? I am
also interested in plans for such a winch based on off-the-shelf
components. Many thanks in advance!

Karl