Old February 8th 05, 02:46 PM
Dave S

No reason why not.. BUT.. dress warmly and take some oxygen.. and the
plane and pilot will need to be legal for IFR flight.

I ran some prelim numbers and I expect the Velocity my friend and I are
building to be capable of nearly 200 hp in the flight levels (turbo'd
modified Mazda rotary engine)

Dave

Shin Gou wrote:

Can Velocity or Cozy fly at/above 25,000 feet with Superior
supercharged 360 engine? A friend of mine is considering to fly a
Velocity or Cozy for long and high trips and would like to know their
capacity for this kind of mission. I personally haven't heard any
Velocity or Cozy flys at this altitude regularly. But my friend wants
to give a try. Any thoughts, especially some caculation to prove?

Thanks a lot.

Shin