Old October 24th 03, 03:04 AM
Eric Greenwell

In article EvTlb.190358$0v4.14757759@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, says...
I suspected exhaust venting may be limiting cockpit ventilation on my
ASH26E. I haven't finished testing yet, but what I have done is to hook up a
shop-vac, on blow mode (after carefully cleaning it!), to the nose inlet to
pressurize the cockpit.

What speed did the ASI show?

I didn't have the wings attached, so taped up all
the fuselage wing root openings. The only outflow I could detect was at the
rudder cable fairing at the tail - - nothing at the gear or engine bay
doors.

On my non-scientific test, the flow was obviously restricted (the shop-vac
puts out a lot of air) as my temporary wing root covers ballooned out from
the pressure.

It might not be so bad in flight, when the air rushing past the rudder
cable fairings will assist the air leaving the fuselage.

--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)