Old May 1st 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Brit Pilot Busts TFR and gets Busted.

wrote in message
On Apr 29, 1:48 pm, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...ldnews.html?in...

An British pilot flying solo around the world was arrested by U.S.
police today after trying to land his plane at George Bush's ranch in
Texas.

Retired vet Maurice Kirk, 63, wanted to "drop in" on the president to
say thanks after American coastguards saved his life two months ago.

Mr Kirk was impressed when they rescued him from shark-infested waters
of the Caribbean after his World War II plane ditched in the sea on the
latest leg of his around-the-world adventure.

LOL! We need to send some goofy American pilot over to the U.K. to
drop in on the Queen's country residence in a small plane to wish her
well on her birthday to match this! We can't be outdone by a Brit!

Bertie and Mx.