Old February 9th 14, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Who repairs Dittel radios?

Be very careful to be absolutely specific when you describe your problem to Mr Popovski. I had the same problem. Some time after sending the radio I got a message from him that there was nothing wrong with my radio and it was sent back. (Two US mailing costs.)
I had checked the glider wiring with an identical Dittel so knew that was OK. The radio still did not receive.
Next it was sent to the German repair agent for Dittel. The diagnosis was very fast -- seemingly as soon as it had arrived at the German shop. The problem was a failed bit of the circuit board that related to the output to the speaker.
The cost of the replacement part was trivial; the labor cost was on the German scale; two international shipping costs significant.
Via a German friend as translator the German technical chap's assessment of the difference in diagnosis was that Mr Popovski had only used a headset to test the radio, not a speaker. The German had done both and it worked on the headset which reassured him that the problem was not some serious derangement of the radio and was confined to the speaker circuit.
My information to Mr Popovski undoubtedly said the same as Steve's note: transmits fine but will not receive. Check both ways before sending!

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:39:31 PM UTC-7, Steve Koerner wrote:
My Dittel FSG-2T works great on receive but no longer on transmit.

Can anyone recommend a US repairman that has specifically repaired Dittel brand units in recent years with a good outcome.

Thanks in advance.