Old August 21st 14, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Who repairs Dittel radios?

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:39:31 PM UTC-5, Steve Koerner wrote:
My Dittel FSG-2T works great on receive but no longer on transmit.

Can anyone recommend a US repairman that has specifically repaired Dittel brand units in recent years with a good outcome.

Thanks in advance.

So, I have a similar problem in a nearly new (5 months old) Dittle FSG-2T. Receives fine. Carrier tone when the PTT is pushed. No voice. There was a day right after I got the radio where I wasn't sure anyone was hearing me, but I though I was out of range of the other guys. Now, I'm wondering if this is an intermittent problem.

So, before I start pulling everything out, any obvious things to check? I will try a continuity check on the mic cable next, but I'm trying to avoid pulling the radio until it's the last resort. There's a lot of stuff in the way...

Thanks in advance,

P3