Old October 1st 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Engine dryers

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Also, from my personal experience the moisture is much more damaging to
the avionics than anything else. If I don't fly on a regular bases in
the winter, my #2 comm display acts strange.

*** I keep two "Eva-Dry" dessicant pods in the airplane. These are
plastic-cased units. They have a color-change window that tells you
when they're full. And an internal heater so you can take them home
and dry them out. I have a spare set that I keep at home. During the
summer they last a month, in the rainy season more like a week.

Since I started using the dessicants, the cockpit is always dry, no
mustiness, no
haze behind instrument faces and no avionics woes.

- Jerry Kaidor