Old August 12th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Night Currency - Why Full Stops?

On Aug 11, 6:39*pm, wrote:
Subject says it all. *Why do the landings for night currency have to
be made to a full stop?

Thanks
Chris

Look at the regs for day time currency. . The easy answer is, if you
bounce enough you could otherwise get 2 touch and go a littles, then
a full stop, on a 5000 foot runway.

Why would you want to skimp on proving to yourself you were still
sharp enough? If you did three and weren't happy with them, even if to
a full stop, would you stop because you could put a check mark next to
current, or would you go back for some more to prove to yourself, not
anyone else, you were good enough? I'd not want to fly with someone
else as a PIC if he or she told me she had been inactive, then did 3
touch and goes. Would you?